Sam wants YOU in the Fight Against Cancer!
- 41% of men and women will be diagnosed with some form of cancer in their lifetime.
- 13 million currently live with cancer in the US.
- Every 4 minutes someone is diagnosed with a blood cancer.
- Every 10 minutes someone dies from a blood cancer.
- 53,000 people will die this year from a blood cancer.
- Of 39 new drugs approved by the FDA in the last decade, almost half were approved as treatments for blood cancer and all of those 19 are currently being tested for other forms of cancer and diseases.
LLS plays a vital role in the research and development of these drugs, contributing $1 billion since 1954.
Thus far, several generous donors (Thank you!!) have propelled the “SAMpaign” and our Fight Against Cancer to small victories. Amongst all the candidates, we raised the most money (in straight donations and in-kind donations) in the first week and won the honor of Midnight Madness where LLS contributed an additional $1,500 to our cause.
You, too, can enlist and help me raise valuable funds by inviting your friends, family and everyone in your networks to join us by making a donation to LLS through this website.
- Some of you may work for a company that might be interested in a Corporate Sponsorship opportunity that allows for amazing exposure, tickets/table to the Grand Finale Gala on May 30th, 2014 at River Oaks Country Club. This is a tax write off that truly makes a difference.
- If you cannot make a financial contribution, please consider sending us a gift certificate or item that will be used in the silent auction at our Grand Finale.
- You can also join the fight by a number of In-Kind Sponsorship opportunities, by donating services or products to or by attending our upcoming “Mayday” events.
Please contact me or any of our campaign team members directly to discuss more specifically how each of you can do your part!